Monday, November 16, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane.........

My hubby left for job training in Chicago today. Tear. I honestly cried just a little when I kissed and hugged him bye at the airport this morning. He will only be gone a week, but I swear, we have never been away from each other this long before. My mom would laugh at me and say, “Hayley, get over it. If I have to live without your dad for a year, then you can live without Adam for a week.” I’m trying to remember that today as I blink back tears, and feel a little ache in my heart when I think he won’t be there when I get home. God, I’m such a cheese ball.


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Our weekend was low-key and perfect. Saturday consisted of stopping by the dry-cleaners, shopping, and lunching. As a side note, does your dry cleaner question every little stain/mark on your clothes?? I SO felt like Jane Burns from The Sweetest Thing being questioned about the stain on my coat. Yes, the stain on my coat was from where Sophie puked after getting a shot at the Vet’s office last……year. Yep, I know that’s so nasty! I should have brought the coat in immediately, but it was the end of the winter months, and I completely forgot. Anyhow, after being asked by my dry cleaner “What this? This gross!” I told her that it happened last week. Needless to say, I felt a bit embarrassed walking out of the dry cleaner’s Saturday.


Yesterday consisted of more shopping. I stopped by Bed, Bath, and Body Works for some smell-good stuff, and by Charming Charlie. Has anyone heard of/been to a Charming Charlie before?? OMG- it’s out of control in there. Before I go into great detail, let me just say that this place is your one-stop shop for trendy jewelry, bags, clothes, and accessories. I purchased a turquoise earring and necklace set; a thin, gold strand necklace with flower accents and matching earrings; two pairs of sterling silver chandeliers; and a pair of cubic zirconium’s (fake, but oh so pretty). I paid $53, and considering all that I purchased I felt like it was a pretty good deal. Anyway, to get back to my point- this place is HUGE. I have never been to this place before, and felt overwhelmed and tired as soon as I walked in. With all of that being said, I took a deep breath and decided to take my time walking around the entire store. It took me at least 30 minutes to browse the store, and an extra 15 to grab the pieces I wanted and go. All in all, pretty good shopping experience. Will I go back? Definitely, but I will make sure I know exactly what I want before stepping in the door.


I’m so exhausted today. It will definitely be an early bedtime night for me tonight. This week is already so busy with work, appointments, and NEW MOON (I’m dying!). I’m thinking that a week will be over soon enough, and I’ll be seeing my hubby before I know it. Thank God for Thanksgiving holidays next week!

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up about the stain on your coat because I wore a shirt yesterday with a coffee stain that never came out and I remember the last time I wore it thinking, I need to cut this up into rags... and I completely forgot.

    Hang in there with your hubby gone!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!