Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The last??

This post popped up on my Timehop app today.  For all of you that don't feel like clicking (don't blame ya!) it's a letter that I wrote Harper a few days before her birthday.  I seriously cannot believe she's almost a year old!  Where did the time go??  I'll save all the mushiness for her one year birthday blog in a few days (you're welcome), but it hit me today that this is most likely the last year I'll ever have a child turning one.  She finished the last bit of her formula this morning and I panicked: Do I run up to the store for another tub or do we officially jump off the deep end to cow's milk??  I mean, we've been adding milk steadily to her diet for the past month or so.....is she  really ready for a bottle full of straight-up milk?? Oh, and the bottle??  We have to go through the drama of moving to the sippy cup now??  Go ahead and pour me a drink, because Lord are we in for the drama...from both Harper and myself I'm sure.  Aaron didn't move onto the sippy cup until he was 13 months old; if I offered the sippy cup to him he'd cry and then I'd cry.  Adam finally put his foot down and said, "he's 13 months old, he doesn't need to be drinking from a bottle anymore" before I agreed that it was definitely past time.  After a day of not drinking anything, Aaron finally drank from the sippy cup that night.  Hallelujah!!!  I know these things seem so trivial (and in the grand scheme of things, they are) but what can I say?  These are the days.....of moving to cow's milk, fretting over sippy cups, and taking pacifiers away (don't even get me started). 

How do you know if this is "the last?"  I've been asking myself that question a lot lately.  My sister gave birth to the most beautiful, delicious (next to Harper, of course ;)) little girl last week and I'm crazy in love.  As I held her, I felt those old, familiar feelings pop up: "We're not done!" "I miss the sweet baby head smell!" "We do make really cute babies....." "I've always wanted a third!" "If we have another one, I'll surely have enough boob milk this time for the whole neighborhood!" Yeahhhhh, right.  I forget the hard times: the lack of sleep, the feeling of failure when my milk is not satisfying enough, the pure exhaustion, and oh yeah, the fact that on top of these things I'm recovering from major surgery!  But still I wonder....is it my last?  I know that question only God has the answer to.  If you ask my husband he'll say "hell yes!"  Hahahah.

Anyway, this laundry isn't going to fold itself. Enjoy this beautiful day!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!