Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, friends!  Whether you have a special dad, hubby, granddad, brother, etc. it's a special day.

I'm blessed to have many great dad's in my life.  My husband, for one, is not only an amazing husband but the best daddy.  And I'm not just saying that.  There are few men that completely take over daddy duty (aka: bath time, potty time, playground time, etc.) like my Adam.  He's been the best daddy since I had our son 3 years ago.  He willfully jumped into the diaper duty and 3 AM feeding duty like a champ.  No complaints.  I remember being pregnant with Aaron, and already being so in love with my little man, and asking Adam if he loved Aaron as much as I did.  He said, "I love him, but I don't think I'll really understand what it is to become a dad until he gets here."  I was disappointed in his answer, because I was immediately connected; immediately a mommy as soon as that pregnancy test was positive.  That cloudy, St. Patty's day that Aaron Mo came into our world (and totally rocked it, btw) I looked over at Adam and he just stood there bawling, holding Aaron, and crying tears of joy.  That's when I knew I hit the jackpot.  Aaron is so much like his dad: so smart- too smart, he walks like him, sometimes talks like him, looks like him (according to everybody else- I think he looks like me).  He's one of our biggest blessings.  Now God has blessed us with a little girl.  Our sweet Harper Elizabeth.  Although she won't be here for a few more months, I can only imagine what an amazing dad Adam will be to our little girl.  I can't wait to see that relationship unfold, and watch just how "wrapped" Adam will be around her pretty little finger.  So today and every day, I am thankful for my Adam, my love, my husband, and one of the greatest daddy's on Earth.



Last, but most definitely not least, I have to give a special shout-out to my Daddy.  I've blogged about how special my Dad is before: how when I was only 2 days old (my dad at the time was 24) we have a picture of me already smiling up at him- already my hero within hours, how he ingrained his love of "Led Zep" and Stevie Ray's "Leave My Little Girl Alone" in mine and Meg's head forever, how before he walked me down the aisle he looked at me and said "let's rock and roll."  The list of memories goes on.  It's because of him that I knew Adam was the one; I chose a man that was going to be trustworthy, loyal, and above all, loving, because that's what my dad showed both Megan and I every day.  He's the first man I've ever loved, and I am so thankful God chose him to be my dad.  Happy, Happy Father's Day, Daddy Rick!!

My dad w/ me and Meg circa '87-88.  Saturday Night Feva!

And again to all of you, Happy Father's Day!!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!