Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday after St. Paddy's!  Y'all hungover??  Yesterday was pretty busy for us as we celebrated Aaron's 3rd birthday.  My baby is 3.  I honestly cannot believe how fast time is flying.  Soon he'll be 13....then 23....then 33 with a kid and another on the way.  Some days I wish time would just stop for a second.  Between laughing at my silly boy, I spent a lot of it in tears, happy tears of course, at my growing boy.  He amazes me in every wonderful way possible.  He's smart as a whip (he definitely got his dad's brains), yet hilarious, silly, mischievous, strong, independent; the list of adjectives goes on and on.  And yes, I'm a little biased.  However, he makes me so proud every day to be his mom.  And though I don't offer up a lot of words of wisdom, I will say (and have always said) that when he grows up to be a kind, hard-working man who loves others, is good to others, is his best self than I'll have done my job.  That I know for sure.

I want to thank each and every one of you that took time out of your busy day to comment or "like" his picture on Facebook or Instagram; I also want to thank the special people that called or texted- it meant so much to me that you had time in your day to wish my baby a happy day.  Thank you.

I have something to get off my chest, and if I can't do it on my blog, where else can I do it?  So here goes: my feelings get hurt over more stuff on Facebook, Instagram, etc. then anything else.  How crazy is that??  "Why didn't so and so like my picture?"  "Why didn't so and so comment?"  It's ridiculous how much I let stuff like that affect me.   For example, yesterday there were so many of you fantastic, wonderful people that commented and "liked" my picture of my child, yet all I could think of were the people that didn't.  And I know who they are!  How terrible is that?  Instead of focusing on the positive- on the people that cared enough to say something or click "like," I felt myself getting angrier and angrier at the people that didn't.  That's what Facebook, Instagram, etc has done.  It makes you so aware of these things.  And as entertaining and fun as they are, some days I just don't know if the stress, hurt feelings, and anger are worth it.  Will I delete my accounts?  Probably not.  At least not right now.  Because as much as I complain, I guess I'm glutton for punishment.

So again, to all of you people that took time out of your schedules to even click a "like" button (and you know who you are) THANK YOU!

Totally did not mean for this to become so serious; I think watching the Walking Dead episode from last night has my stress level through the roof- ha!  Enjoy your evening!

~LL

4 comments:

  1. So glad Aaron Mo had a great birthday. I can't believe he's already 3. Time does need to slow it's roll.

    Loved the pictures you posted on Instagram - especially the one of you an Aaron. You looked gorgeous and he looked so grown up and HAPPY with his mama. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, boo! So happy for your lil munchkin!

      Delete
  2. i read this girls blog all the time and she had some awesome insight as to how we look at social media - and what it may be doing to us...all with an outlook on God - and how it makes our hearts feel.
    Certainly worth a read - it made me think and hopefully will help me change my outlook on it.

    http://www.thenatos.com/2013/03/why-social-media-doesnt-make-you-jealous.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing! I'll definitely check this out.

      And, thank you for reading! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!