Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend catch-up

It's Monday, y'all!  I am not a huge fan of Monday's; however, the sun is out and although it's f-reezing out with the crazy wind, it's nice to see a blue sky after days of cloudy ones.

We had a busy weekend.  Saturday afternoon we celebrated Aaron's 3rd birthday with a party at McDonalds.  The party was a success!  It really couldn't have gone better than if I had dreamed it.  Most importantly, my Aaron Mo had a great time and that's really all that mattered.  He had around 10 friends show up, and the location couldn't have been better.  The kids played their hearts out at the inside playground while the parents got to socialize.  My only expense (besides Aaron's presents, decorations, and cake) was the $40 for the kids happy meals.  And I have to rave about the McDonalds (on Bass Road in Macon)- their customer service was excellent!  So if any of you readers are interested in a Mickey D's party, I say go for it.  The best part is- it's not your house that you have to clean afterwards!  Can't beat that.
Aaron got a massive amount of cars, games, legos, a tee ball set, a baseball mitt and baseball, and etc. and now has a cool trampoline in our backyard thanks to his grandparents and great-grandparents.  Now that we've survived the third birthday party, let's hope we can survive the third year just as well.  Fingers crossed!

Yesterday I met up with four of my besties for a long lunch.  It's so nice being able to spend time together, especially when we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like to.  I've always believe that the definition of a true friendship is one where you can go weeks, months, heck in some situations, years without seeing each other and pick up right where you left off.  That's what these girls are to me, and I'm so lucky to have them.  Anyway, after a long, leisurely lunch I stopped by my parents house for a quick hello before hitting the road to head back to Macon.  On the way home I had the brilliant idea of creating a "Mo Thugs" station on Pandora, and I seriously jammed out on the way home.  It was high school all over again: "Ghetto Cowboy," "Thuggish Ruggish Bone," Notorious B.I.G.  Ha!  I know so random, but sometimes you need some rap in your life.  This is totally the station we're using for our next dance party, y'all!

Um, can we talk about Walking Dead??!  Daryl crying?  Oh em gee.  Merle dying.  OMG!  (For those of you that haven't watched I just gave away the major spoilers- sorry!)  Seriously, somebody needs to take the Guv'nah down.  I'm over him and he's seriously cray.  And I'm probably going to get some haters for saying this, but will they take Glenn as well?  He just annoys me.  Is it weird that I was a Merle fan?  He really was a somewhat good guy way, way down.  He let badass Michonne go.  He loved Daryl (but then again, who doesn't?).  Daryl breaking down was almost too much for me to handle.  He needed a shoulder to cry on.  Like mine. ;)  Next Sunday's going to be good.  I'm a little bit too excited about it.

We have Aaron's 3 year pics tonight. I'm hoping this insane wind won't make things unbearable tonight.  Needless to say, I'm arming myself with suckers and probably chocolate in order to get these pics done right.  Don't judge.

We're meeting our realtor to look at a couple of houses before we meet to take pics.  I wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but I'm not.  We just haven't found anything we're in love with, and we aren't going to settle for less.  We want a certain school district, we want a garage (believe it or not we've never had one!), we want a freakin' laundry room.  It seems like the only houses available (in our price range) offer only one of those things.  Frustrating!  Why must the houses that we love, that has all those things we want, and would be perfect for us are out of our price range??  Ugh!  Trying to stay positive.  We have another 5 or so months to find our dream home.  This will work out.  It has to. 

P.S. If the dirty rumor that Perez Hilton has started is true that my ASkars is dating Ellen Page I just threw up in my mouth.  If Juno can date him than I sure as hell can! (of course, in my non-married imaginative world!) ;)

Enjoy your Monday!

~LL

1 comment:

  1. Askars is dating Ellen Page???? Wow. That is NEWS to me. Good luck with the photos today in the arctic temperatures. I'm shivering in my house right now. Ugh! Winter needs to RIDE! Good luck with house hunting. I know it gets frustrating when you can't find what you want.

    Oh, and TWD - JG heard they are killing off A LOT of "important" characters in the finale. Not sure how reliable the rumor is or who he heard it from, but I'm nervous. I feel like something is going to happen to either Glen or Maggie since they are trying to get married. I think it's going to be some kind of tragic end. I kind of like them, so I'd be sad to see either of them go. As for Merle's demise, I was sad. He was finally coming around. Poor Daryl...he's going to GO OFF on the Guvnah.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!