Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rant

The past few days these Instagram photos of Rihanna and Chris Brown have been leaking all over the Internet:

image via

image via

Uhhh.  I'm sorry, but they disgust me.  I know that's not a nice thing to say, but if you put it out there people are gonna talk.  Rihanna is the one of the biggest singers/celebrities around; for goodness sakes, she's supposed to be a role model.  And she instagrams/tweets pictures of this?  Her straddling the guy that beat her down 3 years ago.  He tweets a picture of her practically naked with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.  It's gross.  They're gross.  Sorry, I'm not sorry.  (BTW, I want to give a shout out to Ashley over at Kindredly for letting me steal her awesome phrase.) 

What happened to self-respect?  Does she even know what kind of message she's sending out to young women?  "It's okay for a man to hit you.  It's okay to act like a slut."  I know this blog entry is harsh, but I'm so sick of it.  What happened to good role models?  I know there's something to be said for not caring what other people think, but have a little self-respect.  Posting classy pictures like this are doing you no favors:

image via

The thing is, I love her music.  And I'm sure she's probably a really great person.  She's probably just very confused.  I can't imagine living under the telescope she lives under.  It's a double-edged sword.  However, if I see one more picture of her and Chris Brown.....together.....looking like they just crawled out of the bed or are about to hop in the bed.....I'm going to puke.  For real.

Getting off my pedestal...

Walking Dead: I'm glad Sunday was the mid-season finale.  I'm getting bored.  I actually fell asleep 15 minutes before the show ended, and had to re-watch the last thirty minutes yesterday morning.  I will say I was worried that Michonne was going to get taken down by the Guv'nuh's zombie daughter.  Guess we all know how that ended....

Looking forward to seeing Daryl take care of bidness' next year.  Love him.

Sad to say, but those are my thoughts.  I'm kind've in a mood today if you can't already tell.  Luckily, tonight five of my girlfriends and I are going out for a Christmas dinner/gift exchange and we're heading to my fave- Carrabas.  Stoked.  Excited about some vino.  And pasta.

Laters, baby!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!