Monday, December 10, 2012

I am such a Scrooge on Monday's..

It's Monday.  Monday's suck.  And I haven't updated my blog in almost a week sooooo......here I go....

Did y'all have a good weekend?  Mine was nice.  Very low-key.  Aaron and I hung out in Griffin over the weekend spending time with my mom and dad.  I love visiting my parents on the weekends that Adam works because: 1) Aaron has lots more room to run around and play both inside and outside, and 2) I get a break from full-time mommy duty which is always nice.  Yesterday, I went and spent some time with one of my besties, Natalie, who is due to give birth anytime over the next few weeks.  Eeeekkk!  I'm so excited to meet her sweet baby boy!  It was heartwarming to see her and her sweet belly, and to know that in a very short time she's going to be holding that sweet bundle of love.  Very happy and excited for her and her hubby!

On a random note, whilst in Griffin this weekend my mom and I decided to do a little Christmas shopping in G-town (AKA hit up Marshalls).  After putting my whining toddler in a buggy (while he's wailing "I not wide in buggy, I wide in buggy car!!"  The "buggy car" he's referring to is indeed a buggy shaped like a car that he rides in when we shop at Publix.  This.is.my.life.) we proceeded to start shopping.  That's when I noticed a girl in high school....who used to terrorize me.  Literally.  She once chased me down the 400 hall at Griffin High.  I was wearing high-heeled loafers.  Don't hate, that was the style back back then.  She stalked me by phone, threatened me through messages delivered by her buddies, the works.  I'm not kidding, y'all.  I know some people reading this will know exactly who I'm talking about.  I was Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls eating my lunch in the bathroom (except not really, I would just beg my teacher to let me eat my lunch in my 4th period class room) this girl harassed me so bad.  And you know why she hated me?  All because of a guy.  Now this guy, he was gorge back then.  And it was a full-on high school love affair for me.  Getting back to my story, I run into this girl while shopping.  And do you know, she wouldn't even look at me?!  Seriously.  Saw me walk in, put her face down, and wouldn't even make eye contact with me.  I gave her several chances- she wouldn't bite.  Now let me say, I don't hold grudges.  High school was a long, long time ago and I'm sure she doesn't even think about high school drama.  I don't either, until it's right in my face like it was this weekend.  I just wanted to smile at her.  That's all.  Let bygones be bygones.  She wouldn't make any sort of eye contact.  And she saw me.  Oh well.  I hope she's happy with her life.  And can I just say that it was so nice to run into this person who used to scare the s&*t out of me, and be able to look at her and think "I really don't care anymore."  I wish her the best.  I really do.

Anyway, a busy week awaits.  Another one of my besties is getting married Saturday and I'm so excited for her!!  It is truly a joyous, happy time for many of my friends. :)

I have some news.  Well actually, a new development in my life...................................

I GOT BANGS (again)!!


They're side bangs.  And, I loved them at first sight.  And I still do, surprisingly.  I'll try and post a pic of the infamous bangs.  Agh!  I heart them....again!  Our relationship is like JT and Jessica pre-wedding: they treat me bad but I can't stay away!  The saga continues.....

~LL

5 comments:

  1. WHO terrorized you in HS??? I thought EVERYONE loved you????? I sure did! Way to be the bigger person.

    I just dropped $100 at Marshall's yesterday. On myself. Again. Kate Spade sheets (which will probably get their own post, they are so fabulous) and a new blazer? These were necessary, and I was therapy shopping. Ugh...I have a problem.

    I need to see the bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love! :) It was in 9th grade....and she was scary. I'll update you over lunch/dinner. We need to get together SOON!!

    Um, Kate Spade sheets sound luxurious. I cannot even imagine as I stare at my Kmart sheets right now. Post! And a blazer is always a great choice- I only have 2 blazers and they're both black. I would LOVE a poppy color!

    I'll post a pic of the bangs. I get so bored with my hair at least every 2 months, and I'm trying to let it grow back out. Hence, the bangs! Lord help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic!! I will post a photo when I get my bed put back together. I currently have the duvet cover off and in the wash, so it's a hot mess in there now.

      LET'S PLEASE GET TOGETHER VERY SOON. 2013, one of the first things I'm doing is setting up a date with you.

      Delete
  3. I WILL STILL CUT HER, TO THIS DAY. WHERE IS SHE? LEMME AT HER. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha, Michelle! I knew when writing this that you'd know EXACTLY who I was talking about. I believe you were involved in an altercation with said bully taking up for me one of those days.....we were both running down the hall in our high-heeled loafers! ;) LOVE it.

      Love you so, so much <3

      Delete

I love to hear from you!