Thursday, December 29, 2011

My sister, The Bride

Before I conclude my writing for the evening, I wanted to do a special blog dedication to my baby sister.  She is nothing short of remarkable, and the way she has loved and taken care of me over the past month seriously blows my mind.  I love her so much, and I am so lucky we share the same mama. ;)  So here's to you, Meme- I love ya!


Although, most of the end of this year has (to be frank) horribly sucked, some of it has been wonderful.  The wonderful part?  My sister, Meg, got married to her high-school sweetheart, Dillon.  Here they are in my favorite picture of the night:

Image courtesy of the fabulous Graceology Photography


 Megan has loved Dillon forever.  And when I say forever, I mean forever.  They met when she was a freshman in high school, and from the way she tells the story she fell for him immediately.  Not that I can blame her, he's definitely quite the stud. ;)  As luck would have it, they dated off and on for a year, and were pretty serious.....until they weren't.  They broke up, as most high school relationships never lasted that long and moved on.  Time passed, and as fate would have it, they reconnected in early 2008.  To be honest, I didn't really know how to feel about Dillon when they got back together.  Meg had just ended a long-term relationship with a great guy, and I thought Dillon was too much too soon.  Boy was I wrong.  Meg knew he was the one from the beginning....I just had to catch up!

Dillon is an amazing man.  He's handsome, smart, funny, driven, ambitious, and just in general, a good guy.  He loves my sister so much, and that's just one of the reasons why I love him.  He's a keeper and he's a cowboy.  A good mix. :)

They got married on Saturday, November 12th at Glendalough Manor in Tyrone, Georgia.  The day was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect.  I won't go into all the details, but I will say that their sweet, perfect love was felt by every one.  He's always been hers, and she's always been his.  That's what love is all about.

As maid of honor (okay, I was matron of honor but I hate that word!), my job was to be the Bride's best friend, sounding board, confidant, partner-in-crime, but just most of all, her sister.  When Adam and I got married, Meg made this amazing video for Adam and I.  It was basically pictures of our life until we met.  I still watch that video to this day and bawl my eyes out because it's so special to me.  So, in turn, I made her and Dillon a wedding video that I got to play for them at their rehearsal dinner.  If you're interested in viewing, here it is: (Warning: It's almost 15 minutes long.)

Hope you enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!