Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I almost deleted Facebook

I deactivated my Facebook account for one hour today.  I could only make it one hour before wanting it back, and reactivating.  That's terrible.  My husband gave me two days; I lasted one hour.  It's just that I've gotten to where Facebook makes me more annoyed/unhappy/sad/embarrassed than happy.  I seriously cannot take any more status updates about what you ate, an exact account of everything that you have done today, a conversation that you had, and worst of all, prayer for something as inconsequential as a cold.  I'm sorry, that might sound a little harsh, but if it's between praying for you because you or your child has the sniffles, or praying for the two year old that's fighting a brain tumor with all that her little body has, I choose the latter.  Of course I know that prayers are limitless, and I can (and should) pray for everyone, but some things I feel should just be kept private.  Like I have said in many blog posts: I believe in the power of prayer.  Prayer is an amazing and necessary thing.  I, however, don't believe in broadcasting every thought, worry, and emotion that I'm feeling.  Yes, some things suck; it's life.  Deal with it.  And for God's sakes, be thankful for what you do have.

3 comments:

  1. The hide button is a glorious thing!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed... Love to HIDE!
    You sooo need to go to my blog and read the blog I follow, 31. She's on day Three with no FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check it out
    http://yearthirtyone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!