Friday, July 29, 2016

Hey, hey!

Is it bad that it's a beautiful summer day, and both Harper and I are on the couch- technology in laps.  Me- laptop; Harper- iPad.  #momfail  I just cannot deal with this heat today.  In order to avoid melting, we shopped this morning, i.e.: spent money that I shouldn't spend.  Oh well.  There's always tomorrow.  And when I say tomorrow, I mean tomorrow morning.  There's just no way I can handle temps that feel like 100 degrees outside when I woke up early enough to do a decent job on my makeup, y'all!

So, hiiiii!  I haven't blogged since January.  I have started a few posts, but ended up deleting or not posting because they were so boring.  The past 7-8 months have literally been a blur.  Between family, friends, work, school, etc. 2016 has been BUSY!  Now that summer's almost over, and school is starting back for both of my kids, I'm hoping for a little more time to hop on here and jot down a few thoughts more often.  I'd love to say that I'll blog every day, every other day, twice a week, or hell, even once a week, but I've made that promise before and it didn't happen.  I do miss blogging...actually, I miss it a lot.  Last weekend, a friend of mine encouraged me to start it up again, so here goes!

  • So, my newest obsession is Stranger Things on Netflix.  If we're Facebook friends, you know my thoughts: it's amazing.  It's only 8 episodes and I finished it in less than 3 days.  I think I'm having withdrawals from it like I did with Breaking Bad.  Hoping to avoid the major funk that happened once BB was over.  I'm thinking I'm safe since this was the first season of Stranger Things, and obvi, since Netflix is super smart they're going to renew that bad boy for a second season.  
  • I'm on the hunt for a great pair of skinny jeans.  I need to know where y'all are buying your skinnies!  I bought a pair off of Old Navy's website (I know, sexy) last week, and can I just say.....they were heinous on me.  Wth??!  I need jeans that are going to be tight on my legs the only skinny thing on my body, I assure you and snug but comfortable everywhere else.  Give me all the goods, people!
  • Here's my take on the Kim K/T Swizzle drama: Tay should have never said she was cool with that horrible Kanye song.  If I were her publicist, I would have highly encouraged her to say HELL NO.  (I love to be "the publicist" in my head, btw.  I know for a fact if I had been Britney's publicist back in 2007 the fateful head shave incident would not have occurred, she would not have rode around sans panties with Paris H, and she would not have performed that horrible, I'm hiding my face looking through my fingers performance of Gimme More at the MTV VMA's.)  All of that being said, saying that it "was cool and she was flattered" was not something that ego-maniac AKA: Kanye, needed to hear.  And btw, I'm so sick of hearing about these people.  I say that as KUWTK plays in the background.....
  • Today is National Lipstick Day!!  My favorite!  Rock that red, pink, or even purple lip!

That's all I got!  Hope y'all have a great weekend!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!