Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ice Jam 2014

The sun is shining, there's a soft breeze blowing, and my windows are open.  Is it spring yet?  Nope. Just the day after Snowpocalypse 2014 Part 2.  How bipolar is the weather here in GA?  Yesterday we were locked inside, watching ice accumulate on everything, and today the sun is shining and it's a cool 36 degrees outside.  Until yesterday I thought that was really cold.  Today I'm just thankful to walk outside. 

We've been camping out over at my parents house the past two nights.  Thank God, they never lost power.  We did, indeed, lose power over here; thank goodness we weren't home.  With Adam traveling, and me home with a toddler and a baby.....Lord help.  The past two days have consisted of my fave stretchy pants, lots of coffee, lots of wine, lots of carbs, lots of TV, and lots of pinning low-carb recipes when I do get back on the wagon.  My low-carb diet has been significantly botched in the past 24 hours: pigs-in-a-blanket for lunch yesterday, frozen pizza and fries for dinner, peanut butter brownies (yes, I did just say peanut butter brownies) as a mid-morning snack....and an after lunch snack.  Eeekk.  I'm bad.  I'm not stepping on a scale for another week. Luckily, we are back at home now and both kids are napping.  We have power (thank goodness), but there are still plenty of people who don't.  Say a prayer for those people, and that everyone gets their power restored very soon.  Hurry up, Spring!

Moving on....I have some exciting news.  No, I'm not prego and no, Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes have not called it quits.  I don't want to share too much on here yet as details haven't been finalized, but I will say that there is a new blog "venture" on the horizon and I'm super pumped about it.  No worries (for you five devoted, amazing readers of mine)- LL's not going anywhere.  This is something new and exciting.  I can't wait to share once everything's ironed out!

While both kids are napping, I'm going to take advantage.  In the past two days, Harper has decided that naps of only 30 minutes are perfectly acceptable.....um, no.

Ciao!

~LL


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!