Since I feel like I really only have around a week max before little man shows his face, I have a to-do list of at least 30 things to get done by Friday. Today on the to-do list included: Going to the doc, grocery shopping, and finishing thank-you notes. Check, check, check. Went to the baby doc and heard some great news: I am 1 cm dilated, and (sorry, this sounds a little gross) my cervix is starting to thin out. Woohoo! After hearing this good news, and letting out a big "yea!" my doc warned me that baby boy could still hang out for a little while longer in the belly. He said that if he could predict when Aaron was going to come it would be about 3-4 days before my due date (due date is Friday, March 19th). I'm hoping I'll get to kiss my baby boy's face by next Wednesday. Guess we'll see..........
Here's a few pics of the nursery:
the pictures are all jumbled together, but you get the feel
Anyhow, after the doc and grocery shopping, I tackled the job of finishing thank-you notes and I can now say I am DONE! This definitely calls for a "mock"tail tonight, my friends!
Now, what kind of professor of celebrity love would I be if I didn't bring up the Oscar's?? Here's my take, and I'm keeping it short and sweet:
- Sandra Bullock deserved the win; I bawled my eyes out during her acceptance speech. And um, how gorgeous did she look? Marchesa makes the most gorgeous gowns.
- Why did George Clooney's g-friend have the mean girl look stamped on her face all night? Honey, enjoy your time with him because you know he's going to break up with you in about 2 weeks!
- Funniest moment of the night: Steve Martin calling Dame Helen Mirren "Damn" Helen Mirren. Totally gave me the LOL's!
- Cameron Diaz looked better than I have seen her look in a long time. Loved it! Just had to throw that one in there......
- So did J-Lo!! Can I please look like that when I have a 2 year old??
- Is it bad that I thought Miley Cyrus looked great, too??
- Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like a stick in the mud. Sorry-had to say it!
- I have a confession: I wanted Penelope to win Best Supporting Actress......not that Monique didn't deserve it, though!
- I didn't care for Charlize's dress, but hello??!! That girl could wear a paper sack and still look gorgeous!
- Ryan Reynolds= Yummy Deliciousness
- I kind've have a little bit of a crush on Jeremy Renner.........
- And last but not least, I am so glad that The Hurt Locker won best movie and director! Between that and The Messenger, it's good the entertainment industry is finally shedding some light on what's happening in Iraq and Afghanistan every day. These brave men and women are fighting for our freedom every day- thank God for heroes!