Thursday, April 10, 2014

Is it wine thirty yet?

Ugh.  My 4 year old is going to be the death of me.

Aaron is out of school, again today, for complaints of neck and stomach pain.  Normally this would alarm me, but this has become our daily routine in the past month.  At some point every week he complains that his belly and his neck hurt, I take him to the Doc, and absolutely nothing is wrong.  I know you're wondering why I keep taking him to the doctor if nothing is wrong, but I know my luck, and the time that I don't take him to see his Ped he'll totally be sick and need to be on antibiotics and I'll feel like mom of the year.

I'm sorry- I love him but I'm so over him.  We were already planning on going to the Doc this afternoon for Harper's 6 month shots, and now we have to sit on the sick side because of yet another one of Aaron's mysterious illnesses.  Now he's in full-on melt-down mode because I've told him we're going back to the doctor's office because he's "sick" and now he's claiming to be not be sick.  Aghhhhh!!!  Somebody save me!!

I used to be so smug before I had kids.  When everyone warned me about the "terrible twos, thunderous threes, ferocious fours," I would think "That won't be my kid.  My kid will be fantastic."  I wish I could slap that 27 year-old in the face now.  Let me just say, I was considering a third kid when I was living in La La Land up until a few months ago; at this point if I could schedule a hysterectomy I would.  OVER IT.

It's already one of those days, which I hate.  It's beautiful outside, I slept good last night, Scandal comes on tonight, I'm going out to dinner with some of my girlfriends tonight, my husband's working in Atlanta.....trying to focus on the positive here.

I need advice from parents that have been here.  The parents that have dealt with the toddler who tantrums about everything, pitches a fit at the drop of a hat, won't eat, complains about everything- please help me!  Give me advice to make it through this season!  I'm at my wits end with this kid!

Rant over.

~LL




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!